IBM Internet of Things Foundation Client for Python
Python module for interacting with the IBM Internet of Things Foundation.
Note: Support for MQTT over SSL requires at least Python v2.7.9 or v3.4, and openssl v1.0.1
Install the latest version of the library with pip
[root@localhost ~]# pip install ibmiotf
Uninstalling the module is simple.
[root@localhost ~]# pip uninstall ibmiotf
Migrating from v0.1.x to v0.2.x
There is a significant change between the 0.1.x releases and 0.2.x that may require changes to client code. Version 0.1 of the lirbary will remain available, if you do not wish to update your device or application code for the 0.2 release simply install the library using pip install ibmiotf==0.1.8
- The library now uses typeId, deviceId, and eventId consistently
- Changes to API support:
- Mixed use of queryParameters & parameters consolidated to always use parameters
- retrieveDevices() & getAllDevices() removed. Single getDevices() method remains
- addMultipleDevices renamed to registerDevices() for consistency with registerDevice() method
- getAllDeviceTypes() renamed to getDeviceTypes() for consistency with other getResourceTypePlural methods
- IoTFCReSTException now APIException
- getDeviceConnectionLogs() renamed getConnectionLogs & restructured to support parameters object instead of deviceTypeId and deviceId
- As of v0.2.1 the application client only requires two properties to be passed in options: auth-token and auth-key, orgId and auth-method are now determined from the API key provided.