Convert text-format RFCs and Internet-Drafts to .xml format
Internet-Draft text to XML Conversion Tool
This tool, ‘id2xml’, is intended for use by the RFC-Editor staff, in order to produce a first xml2rfc-compatible XML version from text-only Internet-Draft submissions.
id2xml may also be useful for Internet-Draft authors who wish to start working on a new version of an older draft or RFC, for which no xml2rfc-compatible XML source is available.
Version 1.x can process the drafts specified in the development Statement of Work to XML files acceptable to xml2rfc, and can also process a number of other test files to acceptable XML. Missing is internal <xref/> links to figures and tables.
|||Reschke, J., “The “xml2rfc” Version 2 Vocabulary”, RFC 7749, DOI 10.17487/RFC7749, February 2016, <http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7749>.|
|||Hoffman, P., “The “xml2rfc” Version 3 Vocabulary”, RFC 7991, DOI 10.17487/RFC7991, December 2016, http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7991>.|
Version 1.4.4 (17 Oct 2018)
- Since ‘–’ isn’t allowed inside html comments, trying to add a comment that contains that string will fail. Under some circumstances, id2xml inserts comments about conversion errors into the generated xml, and if the failed text contained ‘–’, this would fail. Tweaked comment insertion to avoid this.
- Added code to look for Abstract both before and after Status-of-Memo and Copyright sections. The placement of the Abstract changes around the time of RFC 5550.
Version 1.4.3 (12 Oct 2018)
- Fixed some issues with author recognition and an infinite loop.
- Added handling for the grammar change ‘a candidate’ –> ‘candidates’ in the status of memo boilerplate.
- Aligned the short options for verbose and version with common practice.