This package provides a view and a sample viewlet that will display a table of different actions available on an element.
By default, so called sections available are :
- own delete action management
- addable types
- object history
This will display different available workflow transitions and is managed by the section “renderTransitions”.
Transitions to confirm :
You can specify ‘transitions to confirm’ by overriding the ‘_transitionsToConfirm’ method, this will display a popup when the user trigger the transition that let’s him add a comment and accept/cancel workflow transition triggering. The ‘_transitionsToConfirm’ method must return a tuple that specify ‘object_meta_type.transition_id’ and could looks like :
- def _transitionsToConfirm():
- return (‘ATDocument.reject’, ‘ATDocument.publish’, ‘ATFolder.publish’, ‘Collection.retract’, )
This will display an edit action and his managed by the section “renderEdit”.
By default, it is only available when useIcons is True as useIcons is supposed to be used in dashboards displaying several elements and not on a particular element view. On the element view, the edit action is not displayed as it is redundant with the already existing tab “Edit”.
Own delete management :
This own delete management is made to surround behaviour where it is necessary to delete an object to have the “Delete objects” permission on the parent. Here, it will do delete work even if user does not have the permission “Delete objects” on the object’s parent. Just having “Delete objects” on the object to delete will be enough. You can also override the adapter “ContentDeletableAdapter” to be able to define a “mayDelete” method that will do anything you want to check if current user may delete the object. It is managed by the section “renderOwnDelete”.
Addable types :
This will display a combo list that will display types that are addable in the object if it is a container. It is managed by the section “renderAddContent”.
Object history :
Add a link to the object’s history and will be displayed in a popup. It is managed by the section “renderHistory”.
- IMIO, email@example.com
- Moved views._redirectToViewableUrl logic to utils.findViewableURL so it can be used by external code. [gbastien]
- Don’t nullify margin of actionspanel-no-style-table. [sgeulette]
- In triggerTransition, do not only catch WorkflowException as raised error could be of another type. [gbastien]
- When an error occurs during a workflow transition, make sure we transaction.abort() or review_state is changed nevertheless. [gbastien]
- Use a real arrow character 🡒 instead -> when building the transition not triggerable icon help message. [gbastien]
- Fixed call to unexisting method actionspanel_view._gotoReferer() when cancelling transition confirmation popup (only happens if popup is not correctly opened as an overlay). [gbastien]
- Rely on imio.history IHContentHistoryView.show_history to know if the history icon must be shown. We need imio.history >= 1.17. [gbastien]
- Added possibility to define a target on the edit action. To do this, pass the value for edit_action_target in the kwargs. [sgeulette]
- Added icon on object buttons. [sgeulette]
- Added separate external edit button [sgeulette]
- Rely on collective.fingerpointing for logging capabilities, this replace the log message when an element is deleted. [gbastien]
- Call transaction.abort when an error occurs during deletion in DeleteGivenUidView to avoid leaving portal in an unconsitent state. [gbastien]
- Trigger JS event ap_delete_givenuid when an element is removed from a faceted page. [gbastien]
- Only show the actions panel viewlet on the view of the element, not on the other templates like folder_contents because it also displays buttons and user could be confused about that. [gbastien]
- Use same class apButton for buttons and select (add content) displayed on the actions panel viewlet. [gbastien]
- Added parameter catch_before_delete_exception=True to the DeleteGivenUidView. By default it will catch BeforeDeleteException but when set to False, it will not be catch it. This let’s catch the exception in another method. [gbastien]
- Call reindexObject when the BeforeDeleteException is catched because at this moment, object has already been unindexed. [gbastien]
- Use api.adopt_roles rather than create a super user to execute a “own” delete action. [sdelcourt]
- Use plone.api. [gbastien]
- Pass **kwargs to ContentDeletableAdapter.mayDelete. [gbastien]
- Make sure action title is translated. [gbastien]
- Display the description of actions while displayed as input. [gbastien]
- Added class on form button. Changed select translation. [sgeulette]
- The transition reason for which a transition can not be triggered now contains the msg as a zope.i18nmessageid.message.Message instance, so translate it. This is done because the appy No msg attribute can not be unicode… [gbastien]
- Fix workflow guard check on group conditions. [sdelcourt]
- Corrected code to work with collective.externaleditor >= 1.0.3. [sgeulette]
- Implemented method getGroups for the APOmnipotentUser that returns an empty list because default implementation will raise an AttributeError on portal_groups. [gbastien]
- Added possibility to define a CSS class on the edit action. To do this, pass the value for edit_action_class in the kwargs. This make it possible to use a class that will enable an overlay for the edit action. [gbastien]
- Added section that renders arrows to move elements to top/up/down/bottom, this only appears if useIcons is True. [gbastien]
- While rendering transition button including portal_type title, translate portal_type title in the domain defined on the typeInfo of portal_types, not systematically in the “plone” domain. [gbastien]
- When an element is deleted, check if response received by JS method deleteElement is an url or a page content. In case a Redirect exception is raised, we receive the entire page content and not an url to redirect to. [gbastien]
- Use permission ManageProperties to protect the renderArrows section. Make sure saveHasActions is called correctly in the actions_panel_arrows.pt template. [gbastien]
- Check if current context is a folderish in addableContents used for the deleteElement section because folder_factories return parent’s addable content_types if current context is not folderish, this makes the button appear when you can not add content, and if used, content is actually added to the parent. [gbastien]
- Translate workflow transition title and no more id [sgeulette]
- Take external edition into account when rendering the edit action. [sdelcourt]
- Use window.open(url, _parent) to manage actions instead of window.location so new location is opened in the _parent frame, this way, when opened from an iframe, the location is not opened in the iframe but in the parent/full frame. [gbastien]
- Fixed CSS style for the notTriggerableTransition CSS class so it is displayed correctly in Chrome. [gbastien]
- Made a transitions sort method, that can be overrided. [sgeulette]
- Message when deleting an element (delete_confirm_message) is now more clear to specify that element will be deleted from the system definitively. [gbastien]
- When a WorkflowException is raised during a WF transition, display the exception message, this way a beforeTransition event may raise this exception and display a particular message to the user. [gbastien]
- Use async:false for jQuery.ajax calls so the ajax loader image (spinner) is displayed in IE and Chrome. [gbastien]
- Use POST as type of jQuery.ajax used to add a comment to a workflow transition or it fails when the comment is too long. [gbastien]
- CSS for buttons displayed on the transition confirmation popup [gbastien]
- Make trigger transition and own delete aware of faceted navigation. If the action is made in a faceted navigation, only the faceted page is reloaded, not the entire page [gbastien]
- Hide the Add menu if no addable content [sgeulette]
- Do not generate the image name to use for a transition but use the actbox_icon defined on the transition [gbastien]
- Use translated transition title in transition confirmation popup [gbastien]
- Simplified @@triggertransition view by not using objectUID anymore, we use the context as the view is called on it, objectUID was legacy and useless [gbastien]
- Store transitions to confirm in the registry [sgeulette]
- Add a small margin-left to the notTriggerableTransitionImage class so if several not triggerable transition actions are displayed, it is not stuck together [gbastien]
- Rely on imio.history to manage history related section [gbastien]
- Removed IObjectWillBeRemovedEvent, either use same event from OFS.interfaces or in case we use AT, we could need to override manage_beforeDelete as it is called before IObjectWillBeRemovedEvent in the OFS object removal machinery.
- Do only rely on mayDelete method instead of checking Delete objects and mayDelete method, this way, we may handle case where user does not have the Delete objects but we want him to be able to delete an element nevertheless, in this case, the all logic is managed by mayDelete.
- Sort transitions by transition title, more easy to use when displaying several transitons.
- Corrected bug where the link to trigger a transition that did not need to be confirmed, did not contain the view name, only parameters. This made the user being redirected to the object view and not able to trigger the transition from another place.
- Added submethod _findViewablePlace in _computeBackURL where we can manage where to redirect the member when he was on the object he just deleted. This makes it possible to override only the _findViewable method and keep the other part of _computeBackURL that does manage the case when the member was not on the object he just deleted.
- Custom action_panels views can now be registered with a different name than actions_panel.
- Adpated _transitionsToConfirm method to be also able to provide custom view name to use as confirmation popup.
- Moved complete computation of back url when an object is removed to _computeBackURL, not only the case when we were on the object we just removed.
- Added CSS class actionspanel-no-style-table on the main actions_panel table and defined styles for it to remove any border/margin/padding.
- Added section that render a link to the object’s history if useIcons is True
- Not triggerable transitions are now also displayed using icon if useIcons is True, before, not triggerable transitions were always displayed as button, no mater useIcons was True or False
- Simplified method that compute addable contents, the default folder_factories does all the job
- Manage the fact that if after a transition has been triggered on an object, this object is not accessible anymore to the current user, it is redirected to a viewable place
- Do not lookup an object UID in the uid_catalog, this fails when using dexterity, use portal_catalog or check context UID if element is not indexed
- Do not display a - when no actions to display and not using icons
- Implement __call__ instead of render on the actions panel view so calling the view is simpler
- Display AddContent actions.
- Optimized to be listing-aware do some caching by storing not changing parameters into the request and so avoid to recompute it each time the view is instanciated
- Corrected bug when a transition was triggered using the confirmation popup and resulting object was no more accessible, the popup was recomputed and it raised Unauthorized
- Initial release