Read metadata from Python packages
Library to access the metadata for a Python package.
This package supplies third-party access to the functionality of importlib.metadata including improvements added to subsequent Python versions.
New features are introduced in this third-party library and later merged into CPython. The following table indicates which versions of this library were contributed to different versions in the standard library:
See the online documentation for usage details.
Finder authors can also add support for custom package installers. See the above documentation for details.
This project primarily supports third-party packages installed by PyPA tools (or other conforming packages). It does not support:
- Packages in the stdlib.
- Packages installed without metadata.
- Project home: https://github.com/python/importlib_metadata
- Report bugs at: https://github.com/python/importlib_metadata/issues
- Code hosting: https://github.com/python/importlib_metadata
- Documentation: https://importlib_metadata.readthedocs.io/
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for importlib_metadata-4.12.0.tar.gz
Hashes for importlib_metadata-4.12.0-py3-none-any.whl