Display inappropriate notifications at random intervals
Ever want to get inappropriate notifications on your computer while you’re presenting? Well now you can!
Based off the homepage of https://muzzleapp.com/. Check out their website to see an example of what this does.
This program uses notifications from https://muzzleapp.com/notifications/notifications.json, as well as those we came up with ourself.
User names and images downloaded from https://randomuser.me.
python3.6+ win10toast (installed automatically)
pip install inappropriate-notifications
git clone https://github.com/riley-martine/inappropriate-notifications.git
python3.6 setup.py install
Display help: inappropriate-notifications -h
Display one inappropriate notification: inappropriate-notifications --once
Display notifications about 2 seconds apart: inappropriate-notifications -t 2
Display 20 notifications about 5 seconds apart: inappropriate-notifications -c 20 -t 5
Caveats (To fix / to-do)
- Only tested on Debian+Gnome and (at some point) Windows 10 (MacOS and Windows 7 on roadmap)
- Relies on libnotify on Linux
- Icons are for Mac apps when on windows
- No fields on notifications (reply, dismiss) where applicable
- Does not pull names/images from people you know when applicable
- Only suited to work env – students don’t need messages about getting fired
- No tests
- No version command line argument
- ctrl-c when running command line should fail nicer
- Right-to-left names mess up first line
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|inappropriate_notifications-0.3.7-py3-none-any.whl (2.8 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3||Oct 4, 2018|
|inappropriate-notifications-0.3.7.tar.gz (2.5 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Oct 4, 2018|