Inline your lint messages
Tired of reading through CI console logs to find your lint errors? Inline your lint messages in your diffs!
- Free software: ISC license
- Run linters against your code and comment in your diffs at the failing lines
- Automatically run linters with reasonable default configs
- Easy to add new linter configurations
How to use
pip install inlineplz inline-plz --install --autorun
You probably want to run the above in a CI job, not in your regular development environment.
You’ll also need to provide the following either in the command line or via environment variables:
- owner: the repo organization/owner
- repo: the repo name
- token: your auth token (encrypt this, don’t put this in plaintext in any public configurations!)
- url: the url of your scm host
- interface: the type of scm host (such as github)
- node.js / npm
- ruby / gem
- python / pip
- Currently for Travis-CI usage, inline-plz only works for PRs within the original repo, not PRs from forks. This is because encrypted creds in Travis-CI configs are encrypted per repo, and cannot be decrypted in PRs from forks.
- Currently the inline-plz console output can print out some misleading stack traces
- Currently dependencies get installed globally unless you pre-create a virtualenv
- Commits directly to master are not currently supported
- First release on PyPI.