Data load and catalog system
Intake: A general interface for loading data
Intake is a lightweight set of tools for loading and sharing data in data science projects.
Intake helps you:
- Load data from a variety of formats (see the current list of known plugins) into containers you already know, like Pandas dataframes, Python lists, NumPy arrays, and more.
- Convert boilerplate data loading code into reusable Intake plugins
- Describe data sets in catalog files for easy reuse and sharing between projects and with others.
- Share catalog information (and data sets) over the network with the Intake server
Documentation is available at Read the Docs.
Recommended method using conda:
conda install -c intake intake
- Create development Python environment.
pip install -r requirements.txt
python setup.py develop
- Verify development environment by running the unit tests with