IntelMQ is a solution for IT security teams for collecting and processing security feeds using a message queuing protocol.
IntelMQ is a solution for IT security teams (CERTs, CSIRTs, abuse departments,…) for collecting and processing security feeds (such as log files) using a message queuing protocol. It’s a community driven initiative called IHAP (Incident Handling Automation Project) which was conceptually designed by European CERTs/CSIRTs during several InfoSec events. Its main goal is to give to incident responders an easy way to collect & process threat intelligence thus improving the incident handling processes of CERTs.
IntelMQ’s design was influenced by AbuseHelper however it was re-written from scratch and aims at:
- Reducing the complexity of system administration
- Reducing the complexity of writing new bots for new data feeds
- Reducing the probability of events lost in all process with persistence functionality (even system crash)
- Use and improve the existing Data Harmonization Ontology
- Use JSON format for all messages
- Integration of the existing tools (AbuseHelper, CIF)
- Provide easy way to store data into Log Collectors like ElasticSearch, Splunk, databases (such as PostgreSQL)
- Provide easy way to create your own black-lists
- Provide easy communication with other systems via HTTP RESTFUL API
It follows the following basic meta-guidelines:
- Don’t break simplicity - KISS
- Keep it open source - forever
- Strive for perfection while keeping a deadline
- Reduce complexity/avoid feature bloat
- Embrace unit testing
- Code readability: test with unexperienced programmers
- Communicate clearly
Table of Contents
How to Install
See Developers Guide.
See User Guide.
For support questions please use the intelmq-users mailing list: https://lists.cert.at/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/intelmq-users
Check out this graphical tool and easily manage an IntelMQ system.
Incident Handling Automation Project
IntelMQ use the Data Harmonization. Please read this document for more details.
How to participate
- Subscribe to the Intelmq-dev Mailing list: https://lists.cert.at/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/intelmq-dev (for developers)
- Watch out for our regular developers conf call
- IRC: server: irc.freenode.net, channel: #intelmq
- Via github issues
- Via Pull requests (please do read help.github.com first)
This software is licensed under GNU Affero General Public License version 3
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|intelmq-1.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (720.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|intelmq-1.1.0.tar.gz (908.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|