A tool to get symmetry proberties of ab-initio wavefunctions, irreduible representations and more.
This is a code to determine symmetry eigenvalues of electronic states obtained by DFT codes, as well as irreducible representations, wannier charge centers (1D) and many more
Help on usage can be obtained by typing
Help is under construction and is far from being complete. If you have interest in the code and not sure how to use it, feel free to contact the author.
Also, have a look at the examples provided.
An example of using:
irrep -Ecut=50 -code=abinit -fWFK=Bi_WFK -refUC=0,-1,1,1,0,-1,-1,-1,-1 -kpoints=11 -IBend=5 -kpnames="GM"
pip install irrep
Currently the code is interfaced VASP, ABINIT and QuantumEspresso, but if interface with other code is needed, please contact te author.
The code relies on spglib library to determine the symmetry of the crystal and the tables of the characters of irreducible representations, obtained from the Bilbao Crystallographic Server (BCS) If you use this code to determine irreps for a scientific publication, please acknowledge BCS and cite:
L. Elcoro, B. Bradlyn, Z. Wang, M. G. Vergniory, J. Cano, C. Felser, B. A. Bernevig, D. Orobengoa, G. de la Flor and M. I. Aroyo "Double crystallographic groups and their representations on the Bilbao Crystallographic Server" J. of Appl. Cryst. (2017). 50, 1457-1477. doi:10.1107/S1600576717011712
Before releasing this public repository on github on 22th of June 2019, the code is mainly written by:
Stepan S. Tsirkin
University of Zurich
after a fruitful discussion of formalism with Maia G. Vergniory (Donostia International Physics Center/IKERBASQUE, Basque Country, Spain)
I also acknowledge contributions to the code from Mikel Iraola (Donostia International Physics Center, Basque Country, Spain)
Further contributions from other authors may be tracked on GitHub contributors list.
Structure of the package
The files that form the code are organized following a structure that will be described here.
- irrep: directory that contains the files that govern the running of the code.
- cli.py: interface to the command line.
- __readfiles.py: routines to read data from DFT output files.
- __bandstructure.py: contains the class
BandStructure, which reads, organizes, treats the data and displays the results.
- __kpoint.py: contains the class
Kpoint, which reads and treats data of a particular k-point and displays results obtained from it.
- __gvectors.py: routines for the generation and transformation of plane-waves.
- __irreptable.py: classes to read and organize data from tables of irreducible representations.
- __spacegroup.py: classes to read the crystal structure, deduce the space group and deal with symmetry operations.
- __convertTab.py: to convert tables of irreducible representations to a user friendly format. (Only for developing)
- __aux.py: auxiliary routines, mainly for type conversion.
- __ init__.py: importing version number.
- _version.py: version number.
- tests: directory containing tests for developing purposes.
- examples: directory containing input to run examples with different codes.
- INSTALL: commands for the installation.
- LICESE: declaration of the license under which the code is made available.
- setup.py: routines to install the code.
- uploadpypi.sh: to upgrade the code in Pypi. (only for owner's use)
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size irrep-1.5.1-py3-none-any.whl (43.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|