A set of python scripts for authoring DVDs and/or DVD menus with little or no user interaction.
Izdvd is a set of python scripts for authoring DVDs and/or DVD menus with little or no user interaction.
Three scripts are included:
Outputs an authored DVD with a simple menu made from images (thumbnails, posters, etc) corresponding to each video laid out in a grid.
Input can be given as video files or directories containing video files. If you have image with filenames similar to the videos, or videos in separate folders with images named like “folder.jpg”, “poster.png”, etc, then it will find the images to use for the menu automatically. Subtitles can be searched for and added to the DVD in the same way if desired.
Optionally, labels can be placed under each menu image. These can be inferred automatically from the video, directory or image name, or they can be explicitly specified on the command line.
- Outputs a DVD menu (a set of video and xml files that can be used to create a DVD with dvdauthor)
- Outputs a set of image and xml files that can be used to create a DVD menu with spumux (part of the dvdauthor package)
- Python 3.x
- mplayer (optional; for previewing videos/menus)
- Copyright (c) 2013 William Adams
- Distributed under the terms of the Modified BSD License.
- The full license is in the file LICENSE, distributed with this software.
pip install izdvd
Or download from:
Then unpack and run: