Controllers for the SDSS-V FPS
jaeger provides high level control for the SDSS-V Focal Plane System. Some of the features that jaeger provide are:
- Wraps the low level CAN commands for simpler use.
- Provides a framework that is independent of the CAN interface used (by using the python-can library).
- Interfaces with kaiju to provide anticollision path planning for trajectories.
- Implements status and position update loops.
- Provides implementations for commonly used tasks (e.g., go to position, send trajectory).
- Interfaces with the Instrument Electronics Box modbus PLC controller.
- Provides a TCP/IP interface to send commands and output keywords using the SDSS-standard formatting.
The code for jaeger is developed in GitHub and can be installed using sdss_install or by running
pip install --upgrade sdss-jaeger
To check out the development version do
git clone https://github.com/sdss/jaeger.git
jaeger is developed as an asyncio library and a certain familiarity with asynchronous programming is required. The actor functionality (TCP/IP connection, command parser, inter-actor communication) is built on top of CLU.
A simple jaeger program
import asyncio from jaeger import FPS, log async def main(): # Set logging level to DEBUG log.set_level(0) # Initialise the FPS instance. fps = FPS() await fps.initialise() # Print the status of positioner 4 print(fps.status) # Send positioner 4 to alpha=90, beta=45 await pos.goto(alpha=90, beta=45) # Cleanly finish all pending tasks and exit await fps.shutdown() asyncio.run(main())
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
jaeger-1.4.0.tar.gz (151.8 kB view hashes)
jaeger-1.4.0-py3-none-any.whl (188.3 kB view hashes)