Jep embeds CPython in Java
Jep - Java Embedded Python
Jep embeds CPython in Java through JNI.
Some benefits of embedding CPython in a JVM:
- Using the native Python interpreter may be much faster than alternatives.
- Python is mature, well supported, and well documented.
- Access to high quality Python modules, both native CPython extensions and Python-based.
- Compilers and assorted Python tools are as mature as the language.
- Python is an interpreted language, enabling scripting of established Java code without requiring recompilation.
- Both Java and Python are cross platform, enabling deployment to different operating systems.
Simply run pip install jep or download the source and run python setup.py build install. Building and installing require the JDK, Python, and optionally numpy to be installed beforehand.
- Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 or 3.7
- Java >= 1.7
- NumPy >= 1.7 (optional)
- Interactive Jep console much like Python’s interactive console
- Supports multiple, simultaneous, mostly sandboxed sub-interpreters
- Numpy support for Java primitive arrays