Python library for interacting with JIRA via REST APIs.
This library eases the use of the JIRA REST API from Python and it has been used in production for years.
As this is an open-source project that is community maintained, do not be surprised if some bugs or features are not implemented quickly enough. You are always welcomed to use BountySource to motivate others to help.
Feeling impatient? I like your style.
from jira import JIRA jira = JIRA('https://jira.atlassian.com') issue = jira.issue('JRA-9') print issue.fields.project.key # 'JRA' print issue.fields.issuetype.name # 'New Feature' print issue.fields.reporter.displayName # 'Mike Cannon-Brookes [Atlassian]'
Download and install using pip install jira or easy_install jira
You can also try pip install --user --upgrade jira which will install or upgrade jira to your user directory. Or maybe you ARE using a virtualenv right?
By default only the basic library dependencies are installed, so if you want to use the cli tool or other optional dependencies do perform a full installation using pip install jira[opt,cli,testing]
See the documentation for full details.
Development takes place on GitHub:
- master - (default branch) contains the primary development stream. Tags will be used to show latest releases.
In addition to all the contributors we would like to thank to these companies:
- Atlassian for developing such a powerful issue tracker and for providing a free on-demand JIRA instance that we can use for continuous integration testing.
- JetBrains for providing us with free licenses of PyCharm
- Travis for hosting our continuous integration
- Navicat for providing us free licenses of their powerful database client GUI tools.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|jira-2.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (57.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|jira-2.0.0.tar.gz (95.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|