Makes using Java's Swing UI toolkit easy on Jython
A collection of utility classes and helper functions to make it easier to build Swing user interfaces with Jython. The helpers provide “pythonic” alternatives to often clumsy Java APIs.
Included in this package:
- enhanced table, list and combobox models
- JavaBeans support and automatic property change notification
- an alternative API for adding/removing event listeners
- a powerful data binding system that supports Swing components
- preferences access
- text field formatters
- shortcuts for loading resources (images or generic data) via class loaders
- shortcuts for basic dialogs
- enhanced file selection dialogs
- wrappers for loading JFormDesigner forms
- decorators and functions for safely accessing the GUI from any thread
- support for running background tasks in separate threads
Requires Jython 2.7 or later.
Documentation can be found at the Python Packaging documentation repository.
Building jar files
To build a jar file, you need to tell ant where to find jython.jar, by defining the jythonjarpath property, either as a command line option to ant, or in the build.properties file.
To build a jar file containing the Python source files:
To build a jar containing compiled bytecode files:
Building signed jar files
Signing the jar files requires three additional properties to be defined: signer, storepass and keypass. It also requires that you have a matching code signing key in your keystore (~/.keystore).
To build a signed source jar:
To build a signed, compiled jar (suitable for Java Web Start):
The generated jar file will be timestamped using Safe Creative’s free timestamping service. If you want to use a different timestamping authority, you can override the tsaurl property in your own build.properties file.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(34.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Wheel||py2.py3||Aug 7, 2015|
(45.7 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||Aug 7, 2015|