An extensible driver framework with pooling
Project DescriptionRelease History Download Files
© 2013 Urban Airship
- Create a reusable connection pool class that handles failover
- Allow connection pool to discover service locations via Zookeeper
Creating a New Client
Subclass at least KiddieClient to create the public API for your client driver. Should call KiddieClient._sendall(<str>) to send data.
Using the Pool
Using a static pool
- Create a list of "<host>:<port>" strings to target for connections.
- Instantiate a KiddiePool with that list of strings.
- Pass the KiddiePool instance to your KiddieClient subclass for use.
- Use your client’s API and it will use the pool automatically.
Using a dynamic pool
- Instantiate a TidePool with the Zookeeper quorum and znode whose children to monitor.
- Use a context manager with TidePool() as pool: or the start() and stop() methods to manage the connection to Zookeeper.
- Use the dynamic pool exactly like the static pool. Candidates will be added/removed from the pool by a background thread.