Ansible Deployment of Kolla containers
The Kolla-Ansible is a deliverable project separated from Kolla project.
Kolla-Ansible deploys OpenStack services and infrastructure components in Docker containers.
Kolla’s mission statement is:
To provide production-ready containers and deployment tools for operating OpenStack clouds.
Kolla is highly opinionated out of the box, but allows for complete customization. This permits operators with little experience to deploy OpenStack quickly and as experience grows modify the OpenStack configuration to suit the operator’s exact requirements.
Learn about Kolla-Ansible by reading the documentation online docs.openstack.org.
Get started by reading the Developer Quickstart.
Kolla-Ansible deploys containers for the following OpenStack projects:
Kolla-Ansible deploys containers for the following infrastructure components:
- Ceph implementation for Cinder, Glance and Nova
- collectd, InfluxDB, and Grafana for performance monitoring.
- HAProxy and Keepalived for high availability of services and their endpoints.
- Heka A distributed and scalable logging system for OpenStack services.
- MariaDB and Galera Cluster for highly available MySQL databases
- MongoDB as a database backend for Ceilometer and Gnocchi
- Open vSwitch and Linuxbridge backends for Neutron
- RabbitMQ as a messaging backend for communication between services.
- ansible - Contains Ansible playbooks to deploy OpenStack services and infrastructure components in Docker containers.
- contrib - Contains demos scenarios for Heat and Murano and a development environment for Vagrant
- doc - Contains documentation.
- etc - Contains a reference etc directory structure which requires configuration of a small number of configuration variables to achieve a working All-in-One (AIO) deployment.
- tests - Contains functional testing tools.
- tools - Contains tools for interacting with Kolla-Ansible.
- specs - Contains the Kolla-Ansible communities key arguments about architectural shifts in the code base.
Need a feature? Find a bug? Let us know! Contributions are much appreciated and should follow the standard Gerrit workflow.
Docker and the Docker logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Docker, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Docker, Inc. and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|kolla_ansible-4.0.2-py2-none-any.whl (746.6 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2||Wheel||Jun 19, 2017|
|kolla-ansible-4.0.2.tar.gz (523.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jun 19, 2017|