Ansible Deployment of Kolla containers
The Kolla-Ansible is a deliverable project separated from Kolla project.
Kolla-Ansible deploys OpenStack services and infrastructure components in Docker containers.
Kolla’s mission statement is:
To provide production-ready containers and deployment tools for operating OpenStack clouds.
Kolla is highly opinionated out of the box, but allows for complete customization. This permits operators with little experience to deploy OpenStack quickly and as experience grows modify the OpenStack configuration to suit the operator’s exact requirements.
Learn about Kolla-Ansible by reading the documentation online docs.openstack.org.
Get started by reading the Developer Quickstart.
Kolla-Ansible deploys containers for the following OpenStack projects:
Kolla-Ansible deploys containers for the following infrastructure components:
- Ceph implementation for Cinder, Glance and Nova.
- Collectd, Telegraf, InfluxDB, and Grafana for performance monitoring.
- Elasticsearch and Kibana to search, analyze, and visualize log messages.
- Etcd a distributed reliable key-value store.
- Fluentd as an open source data collector for unified logging layer.
- Gnocchi A time-series storage database.
- HAProxy and Keepalived for high availability of services and their endpoints.
- MariaDB and Galera Cluster for highly available MySQL databases.
- Memcached a distributed memory object caching system.
- MongoDB as a database backend for Ceilometer and Gnocchi.
- Open vSwitch and Linuxbridge backends for Neutron.
- RabbitMQ as a messaging backend for communication between services.
- Redis an in-memory data structure store.
- ansible - Contains Ansible playbooks to deploy OpenStack services and infrastructure components in Docker containers.
- contrib - Contains demos scenarios for Heat, Magnum and Tacker and a development environment for Vagrant
- doc - Contains documentation.
- etc - Contains a reference etc directory structure which requires configuration of a small number of configuration variables to achieve a working All-in-One (AIO) deployment.
- specs - Contains the Kolla-Ansible communities key arguments about architectural shifts in the code base.
- tests - Contains functional testing tools.
- tools - Contains tools for interacting with Kolla-Ansible.
Need a feature? Find a bug? Let us know! Contributions are much appreciated and should follow the standard Gerrit workflow.
Docker and the Docker logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Docker, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Docker, Inc. and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|kolla_ansible-6.1.0-py2-none-any.whl (939.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2||Jul 24, 2018|
|kolla-ansible-6.1.0.tar.gz (634.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jul 24, 2018|