Turns Kotti CMS into a private content administration area
This plugin turns Kotti CMS into a private content administration area. Basically kotti_backend let you achieve the same goals described here (Kotti CMS intranet).
What kotti_backend does:
- define and load a new private_workflow. If you are installing kotti_backend on an existing Kotti installation you’ll need to call kotti-reset-workflow yourinifile.ini --purge-existing (be extremely careful because all your published contents will be converted to the private state)
- apply the above workflow to File and Image (they are workflowless by default)
- set a default fallback permission to all views
- override the default populator with a custom ACL (no allow view for everyone)
Development happens at https://github.com/Kotti/kotti_backend
To enable the extension in your Kotti site, activate the configurator:
kotti.configurators = kotti_backend.kotti_configure kotti.use_workflow = kotti_backend:workflows/private_workflow.zcml
If you are going to install kotti_backend on an already existing site you’ll need to reset the workflow: read the docs and backup first. See Kotti security
If you are going to use kotti_backend with kotti_frontend (public website decoupled from the private content administration area), you can add the following additional options in order to see a “Goto frontend” action in your edit links:
kotti_backend.goto_frontend = 1 # the script_name (by default /cms) will be wiped out kotti_backend.not_publishable_types = TYPENAME
or if you want have a custom url for your frontend you can specify a custom frontend url:
kotti_backend.frontend_url = http://cms.yourproject.com # or if you have a custom frontend url you can specify it
- kotti_backend.goto_frontend adds a “Goto frontend” action in your edit links pointing to the public website
- kotti_backend.not_publishable_types alters the default “goto frontend” link pointing to the first publishable parent. This is useful if you are using not directly publishable contents like portles or action links you don’t want expose on the frontend. See kotti_boxes or kotti_actions.
- kotti_backend.frontend_url let you use a custom frontend url
Contributions to kotti_backend are highly welcome. Just clone its Github repository and submit your contributions as pull requests.
- Add optional “Goto frontend” edit links on backend
- Add more tests
- Add optional pyramid.includes setting kotti_backend.views.override_root_view`. Include it if you want to override the root with the @@contents view
- Add important note on README
- Add support for third party plugins with decoupled frontend (public view permission pview)
- No more automatic override for kotti.use_workflow ini setting. Now you have to add kotti.use_workflow = kotti_backend:workflows/private_workflow.zcml
- Create package with pcreate -s kotti kotti_backend.