a modern parsing library
Lark is a modern general-purpose parsing library for Python.
With Lark, you can parse any context-free grammar, efficiently, with very little code.
- Main Features:
- Builds a parse-tree (AST) automagically, based on the structure of the grammar
- Earley parser
- Can parse all context-free grammars
- Full support for ambiguous grammars
- LALR(1) parser
- Fast and light, competitive with PLY
- Can generate a stand-alone parser
- CYK parser, for highly ambiguous grammars
- EBNF grammar
- Unicode fully supported
- Python 2 & 3 compatible
- Automatic line & column tracking
- Standard library of terminals (strings, numbers, names, etc.)
- Import grammars from Nearley.js
- Extensive test suite
- And much more!