A simple connector pool for python-ldap.
A simple connector pool for pyldap.
The pool keeps LDAP connectors alive and let you reuse them, drastically reducing the time spent to initiate a ldap connection.
The pool has useful features like:
- transparent reconnection on failures or server restarts
- configurable pool size and connectors timeouts
- configurable max lifetime for connectors
- a context manager to simplify acquiring and releasing a connector
You need pyldap in order to use this library
To work with the pool, you just need to create it, then use it as a context manager with the connection method:
from ldappool import ConnectionManager cm = ConnectionManager('ldap://localhost') with cm.connection('uid=adminuser,ou=logins,dc=mozilla', 'password') as conn: .. do something with conn ..
The connector returned by connection is a LDAPObject, that’s binded to the server. See https://github.com/pyldap/pyldap/ for details on how to use a connector.
Here are the options you can use when instanciating the pool:
- uri: ldap server uri [mandatory]
- bind: default bind that will be used to bind a connector. default: None
- passwd: default password that will be used to bind a connector. default: None
- size: pool size. default: 10
- retry_max: number of attempts when a server is down. default: 3
- retry_delay: delay in seconds before a retry. default: .1
- use_tls: activate TLS when connecting. default: False
- timeout: connector timeout. default: -1
- use_pool: activates the pool. If False, will recreate a connector each time. default: True
The connection method takes two options:
- bind: bind used to connect. If None, uses the pool default’s. default: None
- passwd: password used to connect. If None, uses the pool default’s. default: None
Prior to v2.0.0 ldappool required python-ldap. As of v2.0.0 this library now required pyldap, a python 3 compatible fork of python-ldap.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|ldappool-2.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (12.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Jan 31, 2018|
|ldappool-2.2.0.tar.gz (15.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jan 31, 2018|