Lepton: A high-performance, pluggable particle engine and API for Python
Lepton is designed to make complex and beautiful particle effects possible, and even easy from Python programs.
Lepton provides the following core features:
- Native-code core for high-performance particle dynamics and rendering
- Pluggable particle controllers for specifying particle behavior
- Two pluggable OpenGL renderers, and two pygame renderers
- Spacial domains, used to control particle emission and behavior
- Easy to use and powerful texture support, including animation
- Modular architecture that lets you easily configure and customize the engine
The code includes several examples of how you can use the engine (using pyglet, and pygame). Note the engine itself does not depend on any other 3rd-party libraries and simply requires the application to setup an OpenGL context in order to render particles.
You can download binary releases or browse the source code at our Google code site.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|lepton-1.0b4.tar.gz (474.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Nov 6, 2015|
|lepton-1.0b4.zip (509.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Nov 6, 2015|