A Python library for working with NeuroML descriptions of neuronal models
This package provides Python libNeuroML, for working with neuronal models specified in NeuroML 2 (http://neuroml.org/neuromlv2).
For more about libNeuroML see:
Michael Vella, Robert C. Cannon, Sharon Crook, Andrew P. Davison, Gautham Ganapathy, Hugh P. C. Robinson, R. Angus Silver and Padraig Gleeson, libNeuroML and PyLEMS: using Python to combine procedural and declarative modeling approaches in computational neuroscience [Frontiers in Neuroinformatics 2014](http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fninf.2014.00038/abstract), doi: 10.3389/fninf.2014.00038
_**PLEASE CITE THE PAPER ABOVE IF YOU USE libNeuroML!**_
Documentation is available at http://readthedocs.org/docs/libneuroml/en/latest/
For installation instructions, see http://readthedocs.org/docs/libneuroml/en/latest/install.html
Most of the work happens in the [development branch](https://github.com/NeuralEnsemble/libNeuroML/tree/development). That branch is kept up to date with the development branches for [NeuroML 2](https://github.com/NeuroML/NeuroML2/tree/development) and related libraries. See https://neuroml.org/getneuroml for an overview of the various NeuroML libraries.
Note that [pyNeuroML](https://github.com/NeuroML/pyNeuroML) is also in active development with other NeuroML2 utilities besides parsing/modifying/writing which this package concentrates on.
## Travis integration
libNeuroML is integrated with the the [Travis Continuous Integration service](http://travis-ci.org/).
- ### version 0.2.18
- Updated to use the final stable Schema for NeuroML v2beta4
- Tested with Python 3
- ### version 0.2.4
- Updated to use the Schema for NeuroML v2beta4
- ### version 0.2.2
- Updated to use the Schema for NeuroML v2beta3
- Ensures numpy & pytables are only required when using non-XML loaders/writers
- ### version 0.2.0
- Updated to use the Schema for NeuroML v2beta2
- ### version 0.1.9
- Minor release: Update to latest schema
### version 0.1.8
- Several Bug fixes and small enhamcements
- Support for latest NeuroML schema (see change outline)
- JSON serialization
- MongoDB backend
- HDF5 serialization
- Improved installation process
- All usage examples are now run on the Travis-CI continuous integration server to confirm that that they do not error.
- Schema validation utility
- Improved documentation and documentation new look
|copyright:||Copyright 2017 by the libNeuroML team, see AUTHORS.|
|license:||Modified BSD License, see LICENSE for details.|