Simple, cross-platform macros/GUI automation for python
[mac]ro + [py]thon, pronounced like magpie.
This package provides easy keyboard/pointer/window management macro creation and GUI automation for python versions 2.7 and 3.4+. Currently it works on Windows and Linux (both under X and with limited functionality under Wayland). Among it’s features are:
- Low level hooks for keyboard, pointer events
- A hook for window creation, destruction and focus change
- Support for registering hotkeys and hotstrings
- Simulating keyboard/pointer events
- Providing platform independent definition/mapping of keys/buttons
- Listing open windows
- Managing open windows
- And more!
Window management functionality is not available under Wayland.
More, keyboard and pointer functions require root access under Wayland.