Read better test failures
Read better test failures.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://marbles.readthedocs.io
marbles is a Python unittest extension that allows test authors to write richer tests that expose more information on test failure to help you debug failing tests faster.
- Treat test failures as documentation
- Contextualize failures without digging through test code and dropping debugging statements everywhere
- Write clearer, more explicit tests
- Drop-in unittest replacement
- Information-rich failure messages
- The full statement that failed (instead of just the last line)
- Local variables in scope at the time the test failed
- Optional annotation provided by the test author with details about the test
- Ability to toggle traceback
- Semantically-rich assertion methods
- Assertion logging
You can run the example tests provided to see what a marbles failure message looks like
You can also run your existing unittest tests with marbles
python -m marbles test_module.py
pip install marbles
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|marbles-0.10.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (3.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|marbles-0.10.0.tar.gz (3.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|