Mimesis: mock data for developers.
Mimesis is a fast and easy to use library for Python programming language, which helps generate synthetic data for a variety of purposes in a variety of languages. This data can be particularly useful during software development and testing. For example, it could be used to populate a testing database, create beautiful JSON and XML files, anonymize data taken from a production service, etc.
This library offers a number of advantages over other similar libraries:
- Performance. Significantly faster than other similar libraries.
- Completeness. Strives to provide many detailed providers that offer a variety of data generators.
- Simplicity. Does not require any modules other than the Python standard library.
To install mimesis, simply use pip:
➜ ~ pip install mimesis
also you can install it manually:
(env) ➜ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:lk-geimfari/mimesis.git (env) ➜ cd mimesis/ (env) ➜ make install
You can find the complete documentation on the Read the Docs.
It is divided into several sections:
You can improve it by sending pull requests to this repository.
That’s library is really easy to use and a simple usage example is given below:
>>> from mimesis import Person >>> person = Person('en') >>> person.full_name() 'Antonetta Garrison' >>> person.occupation() 'Backend Developer'
Mimesis currently includes support for 33 different locales. You can specify a locale when creating providers and they will return data that is appropriate for the language or country associated with that locale:
>>> from mimesis import Person >>> from mimesis.enums import Gender >>> de = Person('de') >>> pl = Person('pl') >>> de.full_name(gender=Gender.FEMALE) 'Sabrina Gutermuth' >>> pl.full_name(gender=Gender.MALE) 'Światosław Tomankiewicz'
How to Contribute
- Take a look at contributing guidelines.
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a feature idea or a bug.
- Fork the repository on GitHub to start making your changes to the your_branch branch.
- Add yourself to the list of contributors.
- Send a pull request and bug the maintainer until it gets merged and published.
Mimesis is licensed under the MIT License. See LICENSE for more information.
The authors assume no responsibility for how you use this library data generated by it. This library is designed only for developers with good intentions. Do not use the data generated with Mimesis for illegal purposes.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|mimesis-2.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (2.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3||Jun 17, 2018|
|mimesis-2.1.0.tar.gz (2.4 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jun 17, 2018|