Matplotlib animation manager (GUI).
It is a small convenient tool which allows to setup and save the gif/mp4 animations using the PyQt based GUI built on top of the matplotlib animation module. Program can deal with both 2D and 3D animation. For 3D axes manager can add additional rotation of the view point resulting in both object modification and rotation animation. Also animation manager can be easily integrated in your larger PyQt project as a dialog. For more details see the Quitckstart section.
- Git-hub repo: https://github.com/luchko/mpl_animationmanager
- Documentation: https://mpl-animationmanager.readthedocs.io
Tool is compatible with Python 2.7 or Python 3.3+ and PyQt4 4.6+ or PyQt5 5.2+.
- mpl_animationmanager library contains two classes AnimationManager and QDialogAnimManager with the same input arguments.
- QDialogAnimManager is inherited from the PyQt QDialog. Using this class you can easily integrate animation manager as a QDialog into your larger PyQt application.
- AnimationManager is a small class build on top of the QDialogAnimManager and uses the input arguments to initialize the QDialogAnimManager object and run a PyQt application using run() function.
- After passing the required arguments to the manager, user can setup animation properties such as: dpi, fps (frames per second), modification period.
- For 3D animation user can also setup the rotation period, elevation and initilal azimut angles. The resulting duration of the animation equals the least common multiple of modification and rotaion periods if both are provided.
- Animation can be saved in gif or mp4 format by picking one of the preinstalled movie writers used by matplotlib (imagemagick, ffmpeg etc.).