Framework for MQTT Gateways
The documentation in docs/source is formatted to be read in ReadTheDocs. Head there to browse it.
Welcome to MQTT_Gateways
mqtt_gateways is a python wrapper to build consistent gateways to MQTT networks.
What it does:
- it deals with all the boilerplate code to manage an MQTT connection, to load configuration and mapping data, and to create log handlers,
- it encapsulates the interface in a class that needs only 2 methods __init__ and loop,
- it creates an intuitive messaging abstraction layer between the wrapper and the interface,
- it isolates the syntax and keywords of the MQTT network from the internals of the interface.
Who is it for:
Developers of MQTT networks in a domestic environment, or smart homes, looking to adopt a definitive syntax for their MQTT messages and to build gateways with their devices that are not MQTT enabled.
The repository contains some already developed gateways to existing systems. The currently available gateways are:
- C-Bus: gateway to the Clipsal-Schneider C-Bus system, via its PCI Serial Interface.