Useful scripts to parse and visualize MongoDB log files, launch test environments, and reproduce issues.
mtools is a collection of helper scripts to parse, filter, and visualize MongoDB log files (mongod, mongos). mtools also includes mlaunch, a utility to quickly set up complex MongoDB test environments on a local machine.
What’s in the box?
The following tools are in the mtools collection:
- slices log files by time, merges log files, filters slow queries, finds table scans, shortens log lines, filters by other attributes, convert to JSON
- returns info about log file, like start and end time, version, binary, special sections like restarts, connections, distinct view
- visualize log files with different types of plots (requires matplotlib)
- creates a self-contained HTML file that shows an interactive visualization in a web browser (as an alternative to mplotqueries)
- a script to quickly spin up local test environments, including replica sets and sharded systems (requires pymongo)
For more information, see the mtools documentation.
Requirements and Installation Instructions
The mtools collection is written in Python, and most of the tools only use the standard packages shipped with Python. The tools are currently tested with Python 2.7 and 3.6.
Some of the tools have additional dependencies, which are listed under the specific tool’s section. See the installation instructions for more information.
The mtools suite is only tested with actively supported (non End-of-Life) versions of the MongoDB server. As of April 2018, that includes MongoDB 3.2 or newer.
See Changes to mtools for a list of changes from previous versions of mtools.
Contribute to mtools
If you’d like to contribute to mtools, please read the contributor page for instructions.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|mtools-1.5.3-py2-none-any.whl (2.0 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2|
|mtools-1.5.3.tar.gz (2.9 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|