Useful scripts to parse and visualize MongoDB log files, launch test environments, and reproduce issues.
mtools is a collection of helper scripts to parse, filter, and visualize MongoDB log files (mongod, mongos). mtools also includes mlaunch, a utility to quickly set up complex MongoDB test environments on a local machine.
What’s in the box?
The following tools are in the mtools collection:
- slices log files by time, merges log files, filters slow queries, finds table scans, shortens log lines, filters by other atributes, convert to JSON
- returns info about log file, like start and end time, version, binary, special sections like restarts, connections, distinct view
- visualize logfiles with different types of plots (requires matplotlib)
- creates a self-contained html file that shows an interactive visualization in a web browser (as an alternative to mplotqueries)
- a script to quickly spin up local test environments, including replica sets and sharded systems (requires pymongo)
You can find the manual and many usage examples on the mtools wiki pages.
Requirements and Installation Instructions
The mtools collection is written in Python, and most of the tools only use the standard packages shipped with Python version 2.7.x.
mtools is not currently compatible with Python 3.
Some of the tools have additional dependencies, which are listed under the specific tool’s section. See the INSTALL.md file for installation instructions for these modules.
The mtools utilities are only tested with currently supported (non End-of-Life) versions of the MongoDB server. As of September 2017, that includes MongoDB 3.0 or newer.
The current version of mtools is 1.3.1. See CHANGES.md for a list of recent changes from previous versions of mtools.
Contribute to mtools
If you’d like to contribute to mtools, please read the contributor page for instructions.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|mtools-1.3.2-py2-none-any.whl (853.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2||Oct 23, 2017|
|mtools-1.3.2.tar.gz (1.7 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Oct 23, 2017|