An async MediaWiki client using trio and asks.
mwpy development is done using Python 3.8 (because of the nice new async features of it) but theoretically the library should be Python 3.6+ compatible. Hopefully there will be more solid support for 3.6+ as soon as unittest and mock backports become available.
pip install mwpy
- Supports setting a custom User-Agent header for each API instance.
- Handles query continuations.
- Handles batchcomplete signals for prop queries and yeilds the results as soon as a batch is complete.
- Configurable maxlag. Waits as the API recommends and then retries.
- Some convenient methods for accessing common API calls, e.g. for recentchanges, login, and siteinfo.
- Lightweight. mwpy is a thin wrapper. Method signatures are very similar to the parameters in an actual API URL. You can consult MediaWiki’s documentation if in doubt about what a parameter does.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size mwpy-0.3-py3-none-any.whl (5.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size mwpy-0.3.tar.gz (5.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|