Manage your crontab from the Jupyter Notebook
Provides crontab access from within Jupyter.
Cron tab in the Jupyter file browser
This extension adds a Cron tab to the Jupyter file browser and a Cron menu item in notebook view. Features include:
- View the list of the cron job(s) that currently exist.
- Edit existing cron job(s)
- Delete existing cron job(s)
- Add new cron job
- Helper to build papermill command
- Allows setting of notebook's environment, kernel and parameters
- Able to inspect notebook (relative or full path) to extract environment, kernel and parameters to build papermill command and options
- Able to set commands to run before and/or after papermill using jupyter_nbextensions_configurator
After installing the package using conda or pip, you can add nb_cron to jupyter as follows:
jupyter nbextension install nb_cron --py --sys-prefix --symlink jupyter nbextension enable nb_cron --py --sys-prefix jupyter serverextension enable nb_cron --py --sys-prefix
Cron tab in tree view
To create a new cron job:
- Use the Create New Cron Job button at the top of the page, and fill in the bash command and cron schedule.
- Use the Notebook Command Builder to build a bash command for running a notebook using papermill.
To edit an existing cron job:
- Click the Edit button on the left of a cron job listing and fill in the bash command and cron schedule.
To delete an existing cron job:
- Click the Trash button on the left of a cron job listing to delete the cron job.
Cron menu item in notebook view
To manage cron jobs
- Click View cron jobs (refer to cron tab in tree view)
To schedule new cron job for current notebook
- Click Schedule notebook job.
- Opens up the Create new job and Notebook command builder dialog.
- Auto inspect notebook and fill up the Notebook command builder dialog.
To edit existing cron job that uses current notebook
- Click Edit notebook job.
- Only available if there is an existing cron job contains the current notebook in the cron command.
- Only able to edit the first job. Please use View cron jobs to edit if there are multiple jobs for the notebook.
To set parameters tag for papermill
- Click notebook cell that you want to parameterize (cell that contains all the parameters for running papermill)
- Click Cron > Set papermill parameters cell in menu bar.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
nb_cron-0.4.4.tar.gz (52.5 kB view hashes)
nb_cron-0.4.4-py3-none-any.whl (44.6 kB view hashes)