Tools to work with Jupyter notebooks
- validate: validate notebooks
- head: show head or tail of notebooks
- dump: dump notebook info and source on terminal
- stats: summarize notebooks with statistics
- view: view notebook, including all embedded images, LaTeX, and HTML in a browser
- cat: catenate multiple notebooks
- clean: clean notebooks by removing specified elements
- run: execute notebooks, with pre/post cleaning
- split: split notebooks into MarkDown, code, and raw
- punch: punch holes into notebooks and fill them (for creating exercises)
Available as library functions and as configurable command-line scripts.
pip install nbtoolbelt
Documentation is available on Read the Docs.
On the command line, you can use the options -h or --help.
On the command line:
nbtb [-h] [options] tool [options] nb.ipynb ...
As library: see documentation
pip install nbtoolbelt[test]
nbtoolbelt comes with a set of automatic test cases for pytest.
Some useful commands, and where to run them:
- In nbtoolbelt/docs/,
- clean build directory: make clean
- create html documentation tree: make html
- create pdf documentation: make latexpdf
- determine size of documentation: wc `find . -name '*.rst'`
- In nbtoolbelt/test/,
- run all test cases: pytest .
- In nbtoolbelt/,
- test package configuration: python setup.py check -r -s
- create source distribution and wheel: python setup.py sdist bdist_wheel
- In nbtoolbelt/dist/
- create digital signature: gpg --detach-sign -a ...
- upload to PyPI: twine upload ...
- In nbtoolbelt/src/,
- determine size of code: wc `find . -name '*.py'`
Copyright (c) 2017 - Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
This software is made available under the terms of the MIT License.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size nbtoolbelt-2018.2.dev0-py3-none-any.whl (52.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size nbtoolbelt-2018.2.dev0.tar.gz (34.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for nbtoolbelt-2018.2.dev0-py3-none-any.whl