Netcat as a library: convienent socket interfaces
nclib is a python socket library that wants to be your friend.
- Easy-to-use interfaces for connecting to and listening on TCP and UDP sockets
- A better socket class, the Netcat object
- Convenient receive methods for common socket usage patterns
- Highly customizable logging
- Interactive mode, connecting the socket to your stdin/stdout
- Intelligent detection of socket closes and connection drops
- Long-running functions cleanly abortable with ctrl-c
- Lots of aliases in case you forget the right method name
- Mechanisms to launch processes with their in/out streams connected to sockets
- Launch a process with gdb attached
- TCP and UDP server classes for writing simple python daemons
- A script to easily daemonize command-line programs
If you are familiar with pwntools, nclib provides much of the functionaly that pwntools’ socket wrappers do, but with the bonus feature of not being pwntools.