Provides enhanced HTTPS support for httplib and urllib2 using PyOpenSSL
… based on PyOpenSSL. PyOpenSSL provides a more fully featured SSL implementation over the default provided with Python and importantly enables full verification of the SSL peer using pyasn1.
- Fix to bug in ndg.httpsclient.utils.open_url - duplicate open call. Nb. This bug and the fix DO NOT affect the httplib``and ``urllib2 interfaces that this package provides.
- Added explicit ref to Python 3 in classifier text for Python 3 checking tools.
- Moved LICENSE file into package
- Made dual compatible with Python 2 / 3.
- Fix to add in AnotherName for subjectAltNames field - added for support for CACert issued certs (thanks to Gu1).
- Fix to HTTP Basic Auth option for ndg.httpsclient.utils.main
- Fix to ServerSSLCertVerification so that it can pass a function-based callback instead of using __call__. In newer versions of OpenSSL (>= 0.14) the latter failed because of a request for __name__ attribute.
- Fix to SubjectAltNames support check - should only be enabled if pyasn1 is installed.
- Fix to open_url: HTTP Request object was being created inside if headers is None block - now corrected to create regardless.
- Added http basic auth support to script. (Thanks to Willem van Engen)
- extended utils functions to support keyword for passing additional urllib2 handlers.
- Added ndg.httpsclient.utils.fetch_stream_from_url function and added parameter for data to post in open_url and fetch_* methods.
- fix to ndg.httpsclient.utils module _should_use_proxy and open_url functions
- added support for SSL verification with subjectAltNames using pyasn1
- fixed minor bug - SSL cert DN prefix matching
This has been developed and tested for Python 2.6 and 2.7 with pyOpenSSL 0.13 and 0.14. Version 0.4.0 tested with pyOpenSSL 0.15.1 and Python 2.7 and 3.4. Note that proxy support is only available from Python 2.6.2 onwards. pyasn1 is required for correct SSL verification with subjectAltNames.
Installation can be performed using easy_install or pip.
A simple script for fetching data using HTTP or HTTPS GET from a specified URL.