NetworkDocopt is a command line argument parser for networking focused applications. This was heavily inspired by the docopt module at http://docopt.org/ (no code from docopt was used however). The key differences are:
- Support for partial command line options. If your program foo has a “foo show summary” option you can also enter “foo sh sum”
- Support for integration into bash’s auto-complete mechanism
- See network-docopt-example for an example of how to use this module
- For bash <tab> auto-completion and bash <tab><tab> “show me available options” you must create a small bash script in /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/ like so:
- cp completions/network-docopt-example /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/
This bash script will call network-docopt-example with ‘options’ as the last argument. For instance if you type “network-docopt-example show ip ” the bash script will call “network-docopt-example show ip options” which will return “route” and “interface”. This tells bash what the next options are.
- Fork it.
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature).
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature').
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature).
- Create new Pull Request.
- 0.1.10: Bugfixes. Fix setup.py after adding gitversion support. one can build debs now
- 0.1.9: Add gitversion support
- 0.1.8: Initial commit to pypi
Cumulus Linux is a software distribution that runs on top of industry standard networking hardware. It enables the latest Linux applications and automation tools on networking gear while delivering new levels of innovation and ﬂexibility to the data center.
For further details please see: cumulusnetworks.com
This project is licensed under MIT
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|network_docopt-0.1.10-py2-none-any.whl (8.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|network_docopt-0.1.10-py3-none-any.whl (8.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.4|