This project tracks the work to integrate the Hyper-V networking with Neutron. This project contains the Hyper-V Neutron Agent Mixin, Security Groups Driver, ML2 Mechanism Driver and the utils modules they use in order to properly bind neutron ports on a Hyper-V host. This project resulted from the neutron core vendor decomposition.
This project tracks the work to integrate the Hyper-V networking with Neutron. This project contains the Hyper-V Neutron Agent, Security Groups Driver, and ML2 Mechanism Driver, which are used to properly bind neutron ports on a Hyper-V host.
This project resulted from the neutron core vendor decomposition.
Supports Python 2.7, Python 3.3, Python 3.4, and Python 3.5.
- Free software: Apache license
- Documentation: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/networking-hyperv
- Source: https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/networking-hyperv
- Bugs: http://bugs.launchpad.net/networking-hyperv
How to Install
Run the following command to install the agent on the system:
C:\networking-hyperv> python setup.py install
To use the neutron-hyperv-agent, the Neutron Controller will have to be properly configured. For this, the config option core_plugin in the /etc/neutron/neutron.conf file must be set as follows:
core_plugin = neutron.plugins.ml2.plugin.Ml2Plugin
Additionally, hyperv will have to be added as a mechanism driver in the /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini configuration file:
mechanism_drivers = openvswitch,hyperv
In order for these changes to take effect, the neutron-server service will have to be restarted.
Finally, make sure the tenant_network_types field contains network types supported by Hyper-V: local, flat, vlan, gre.
You will have to install the test dependencies first to be able to run the tests.
C:\networking-hyperv> pip install -r requirements.txt C:\networking-hyperv> pip install -r test-requirements.txt
You can run the unit tests with the following command.
C:\networking-hyperv> nosetests networking_hyperv\tests
How to contribute
To contribute to this project, please go through the following steps.
- Clone the project and keep your working tree updated.
- Make modifications on your working tree.
- Run unit tests.
- If the tests pass, commit your code.
- Submit your code via git review -v.
- Check that Jenkins and the Microsoft Hyper-V CI pass on your patch.
- If there are issues with your commit, amend, and submit it again via git review -v.
- Wait for the patch to be reviewed.
- Supports Flat, VLAN, GRE / NVGRE network types.
- Supports Neutron Security Groups.
- Contains ML2 Mechanism Driver.
- Parallel port processing.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
(79.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|py2||Wheel||Jan 26, 2018|
(67.7 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|–||Source||Jan 26, 2018|