Integrates click2sell digital products retailer system with Plone for paid memberships.
How it works
Visitor comes to yoursite.com/order (or similar) and clicks
Visitor is sent to Click2Sell’s order form (on http://click2sell.eu), where he enters his personal information and performs payment.
Click2sell calls-back a special view on your plone site (/@@click2sell), which reads POST data from Click2Sell, verifies it against your Secret Key and creates a new member.
The following information is stored in member data for later use:
Product IDof the purchased item.
Product Nameof the purchased item.
Affiliate who referred the buyer.
Receipt IDof the last purchase. This field gets updated on every recurring payment.
Exact timestamp of the last purchase. This field gets updated on every recurring payment.
Upon creating a new member, Plone sends an email with login password.
An IMemberCreateEvent is emitted upon creating a new member.
The new member can now login and use the site.
It is possible to create a product_id to group_name mapping in Plone Control Panel. This means that if a member purchased a product which is listed in this mapping, the member will also be added to a group mapped to this product.
If a member already exists in Plone, then the @@click2sell view simply updates last_purchase_id and last_purchase_timestamp member fields. The member will also be added to the new product group, but also kept in the old.
You can see this product in action at BigContentSearch.
To install niteoweb.click2sell you simply add
niteoweb.click2sell to the list of eggs in your buildout, run
buildout and restart Plone. Then, install
niteoweb.click2sell using the
Add-ons control panel.
Go to Click2Sell.eu and use For Merchant ->
Add Product to add a new
Then click on your new Product and select API Settings. For
URL to notify
set http://yoursite.com/@@click2sell and also choose a
Check Enable/Disable remote server's notification to enable server
notifications and consequently member auto-registering.
Go to Site Setup -> click2sell control panel form and configure
the Secret Key field by pasting in the
Secret Key you defined above.
You can also configure the product_id to group_name mapping. This comes in effect when member purchases a product which is listed in this mapping, the member will also be added to a group mapped to this product.
For example, imagine you have the following in your mapping:
Members purchasing the product with id 1 will be added to the basic-members group, whose purchasing 2 will be added to the premium-members group. For others, nothing will be done.
When switching products, an updated member will be added to new product group, but also kept in the old group. No information is removed/deleted.
You are now ready to do a test buy! Go back to My Products and click Test BUY. Before you finish the transaction, you need to set up your Plone site to receive Click2Sell server notifications.
Confirm by logging-in to Click2Sell and checking to see if there were any purchases. Also check if your receive an email with username and password for accessing your site and try to login with them.
The following known issues exist:
- If members stop paying for monthly or yearly subscriptions, you have to manually delete them from your Plone site.
- The same as above goes for any chargebacks or refunds. You have to manage them manually.
- Added support for UTF-8 characters in
- Added automatically generated source code documentation. [zupo]
- Previous release was swallowing errors. Re-thinked how handling and displaying errors should be done and rewrote most of it. Also added more tests to assert error messages in response bodies and in the Zope log. [zupo]
- More verbose POST error handling. [zupo]
- Revert making click2sell key non-required so we can edit the mapping without always supplying the key. [zupo]
- Made click2sell key non-required so we can modify the product_id to group_name mapping without always supplying the click2sell key. [zupo]
- Even more work on groups edge-cases. [zupo]
- More tests for groups edge-cases. [zupo]
- Updating package with latest best practices. [zupo]
- Site admins can now map C2S product_id to groups. This causes new members to be added to the group their product_id maps to. [zupo]
- Store configuration in
plone.app.registryrather than in a local utility. [zupo]
- Updated the package with latest best practices, added support for
plone.app.testing, moved to GitHub. [zupo]
- Support for Plone 4.1. [zupo]
- Fixed updating an already existing member. [zupo]
- Added Uninstall profile. [zupo]
- Polishing, adding tests. [zupo]
- Initial release. [zupo]
License (3-clause BSD)
Copyright (c) 2012, NiteoWeb Ltd. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of NiteoWeb Ltd. nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL NITEOWEB LTD. BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.