console application to visualize network infrastructure using YAML files.
Welcome to Network Infrastructure Visualization (NIV)
NIV is a console application to visualize network infrastructure using YAML files.
Network diagrams are commonly drawn manually, using tools like Visio or Draw.io. This makes maintaining an up-to-date representation of dynamic network environments challenging. Currently, no modern tools appear to exist which can generate network drawings from code such as YAML. Such a machine readable format would allow administrators to automate the visualization of a topology and to track document changes using version control.
- High quality visualization wanted (for dashboards, presentations, scientific papers)
- Use YAML for infrastructure description
- Offline generation of SVG diagrams
- Hyperlink to detailed view (e.g. zoom into port utilization)
The documentation is split between the Wiki and this repository:
- Rather stable documentation parts tend to be saved in the Wiki, which is also a git repository.
- Rather short time documentation parts tend to be saved here in this repository in a semester oriented branch.
Contents of this page
For details see LICENSE.md in the repository.
You can find the legal notes in German language at Impressum und DatenschutzerklÃ¤rung.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.