Generate readable, typable passwords
Readable, typable password generator script. Because your users can't deal with pwmake.
NuPass provides the
nupass package and a command-line script for generating temporary
passwords that your users can read and type. Passwords are provided by the
function and are in the following format:
OS X & Linux:
pip install nupass
python -m pip install nupass
Generate a single password:
Generate five passwords:
$ nupass 5
Using NuPass in your projects:
import nupass temp_pass = nupass.gen_pass() # returns a string containing your password
If you want to change the length of the words used in the password, you can set the parameters of
import nupass temp_pass = nupass.gen_pass(min_w_len=4, max_w_len=10) # functionally the same as nupass.genpass(4, 10)
- ADD: Include README as long description on PyPI.
- CHANGE: Use native setuptools method for script installation.
- ADD: Word length now set by function parameters.
- CHANGE: Fixed an issue where the wordlist wasn't being closed.
- CHANGE: Fixed an issue with invalid command-line arguments.
- CHANGE: Converted to package
- ADD: Script added to path when installed via
- The first proper release
Distributed under the GNU GPL v2 license. See
LICENSE for more information.
- Fork it (https://github.com/NuPass/NuPass/fork)
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b feature/fooBar)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some fooBar')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin feature/fooBar)
- Create a new Pull Request
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.