LEGO Mindstorms NXT Control Package
NXT-Python is a package for controlling a LEGO NXT robot using the Python programming language. It can communicate using either USB or Bluetooth.
NXT-Python for Python 2 is no longer supported.
Install NXT-Python with pip:
python3 -m pip install --upgrade nxt-python
See installation instructions in the documentation for more informations.
Upgrading your code
If you used previous version of NXT-Python with Python 2, the documentation includes an migration guide.
There is a mailing list for questions.
NXT-Python repository maintainer is Nicolas Schodet, since 2021-11-06. You can contact him on the mailing list.
You can use the Github issues page to report problems, but please use the mailing list for questions.
- Doug Lau for writing NXT_Python, our starting point.
- rhn for creating what would become v2, making lots of smaller changes, and reviewing tons of code.
- Marcus Wanner for maintaining NXT-Python up to v2.2.2, his work has been amazing!
- Elvin Luff for taking over the project after Marcus, making a lot of work for the port to Python 3.
- mindsensors.com (esp. Ryan Kneip) for helping out with the code for a lot of their sensors, expanding the sensors covered by the type checking database, and providing hardware for testing.
- HiTechnic for providing identification information for their sensors. I note that they have now included this information in their website. ;)
- Linus Atorf, Samuel Leeman-Munk, melducky, Simon Levy, Steve Castellotti, Paulo Vieira, zonedabone, migpics, TC Wan, jerradgenson, henryacev, Paul Hollensen, and anyone else I forgot for various fixes and additions.
- Goldsloth for making some useful changes and keeping the tickets moving after the migration to Github.
- All our users for their interest and support!
NXT-Python is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for nxt_python-3.3.0-py3-none-any.whl