🐳 Ocean protocol library.
Python library to privately & securely publish, exchange, and consume data.
With ocean.py, you can:
- Publish data services: downloadable files or compute-to-data. Ocean creates a new ERC20 datatoken for each dataset / data service.
- Mint datatokens for the service
- Sell datatokens via an OCEAN-datatoken Balancer pool (for auto price discovery), or for a fixed price
- Stake OCEAN on datatoken pools
- Consume datatokens, to access the service
- Transfer datatokens to another owner, and all other ERC20 actions using web3.py etc.
ocean.py is part of the Ocean Protocol toolset.
This is in beta state and you can expect running into problems. If you run into them, please open up a new issue.
#Install the ocean.py library. Install wheel first to avoid errors. pip install wheel pip install ocean-lib
This stripped-down flow shows the essence of Ocean: simply creating a datatoken.
This batteries-included flow includes metadata and datatoken pool.
- Get test OCEAN - from rinkeby
- Understand config parameters - envvars vs files
- Learn about off-chain services - Ocean Provider for data services, Aquarius metadata store
- Learn about wallets - on generating, storing, and accessing private keys
- Get an overview of ocean.py - key modules and functions
Go to developers flow if you want to further develop ocean.py.
Copyright ((C)) 2021 Ocean Protocol Foundation Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ocean_lib-0.6.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (105.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size ocean-lib-0.6.1.tar.gz (81.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for ocean_lib-0.6.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl