Package to subsample ocean climatologies and reference data.
Package to subsample, or interpolate, climatologies like WOA to any coordinates.
This package started with functions to obtain climatological values to compare with measured data, allowing a quality control check by comparison. It hence needed to work for any coordinates requested. I split these functionalities from CoTeDe into this standalone package to allow more people to use it for other purposes.
- Free software: 3-clause BSD style license - see LICENSE.rst
- Documentation: https://oceansdb.readthedocs.io.
- If the database files are not localy available, automatically download it.
- Extract, or interpolate if necessary, climatologic data on requested coordinates;
- Can request a single point, a profile or a section;
- Ready to handle -180 to 180 or 0 to 360 coordinate system;
- Ready to use with:
- World Ocean Atlas (WOA)
- CSIRO Atlas Regional Seas (CARS)
- ETOPO (topography)
Quick howto use
>>> import oceansdb >>> db = oceansdb.WOA()
Temperature at one point:
>>> t = db['sea_water_temperature'].extract(var='mean', doy=136.875, depth=0, lat=17.5, lon=-37.5)
A profile of salinity:
>>> t = db['sea_water_salinity'].extract(var='mean', doy=136.875, depth=[0, 10, 15, 18], lat=17.5, lon=-37.5)
A full depth section of temperature:
>>> t = db['sea_water_temperature'].extract(var='mean', doy=136.875, lat=17.48, lon=[-39, -37.5, -35.2])
Using CARS instead of WOA:
>>> db = oceansdb.CARS() >>> t = db['sea_water_temperature'].extract(var='mean', doy=136.875, lat=17.48, lon=[-39, -37.5, -35.2], depth=[0,10,120,280])
Or to get topography for one point:
>>> db = oceansdb.ETOPO() >>> h = db['topography'].extract(lat=17.5, lon=0)
- New generic crop functionality.
- Interpolate in steps, in order: time, lat x lon, and finally z. Gives better results for profiles.
- Adding CSIRO Atlas of Regional Seas (CARS), another climatology for temperature and salinity.
- Added etopo5, a world wide bathymetry. Some of this code has its origins on pyAVISO and CoTeDe.
- Renamed package to OceansDB, planning to include other climatologies and references.
- Generalized interpolator. Extract climatology for point, profile or section.
- First release on PyPI. Extracted from CoTeDe to be a standalone package.
- The first version was developed in support to quality control thermosalinographs at NOAA. It was later injected inside CoTeDe.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|oceansdb-0.8.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (21.6 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2.py3||Wheel||Oct 10, 2017|
|oceansdb-0.8.1.tar.gz (25.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Oct 10, 2017|