Simpler and better alternative to the official product_expiry module
Product Expiry Simple
This module is similar to the official product_expiry module that adds support for Expiry Dates on products, but it is both simpler and better:
- Only one Expiry Date field instead of 4 fields (End of Life Date, Best before Date, Removal Date, Alert Date)!
- Use date field instead of datetime field for Expiry Date
- No automatic computing of Expiry Date based on a delay configured on product because it is not used most of the time (for manufacturing companies, the rules that control expiry dates are usually more complex than that ; for reseller companies, they have to copy the expiry date written on the good when they receive it in their warehouse)
- List views of production lots and quants have a color depending on expiry date: green if expiry date is in the future, red if it is in the past.
- Ability to show stats about expiry dates on quants pivot table (because, with this module, the Expiry Date is a related stored field on stock.quant).
This modules keeps the main feature of the official product_expiry module: the support of FEFO (First Expiry First Out).
I decided to develop this module because, after implementing product_expiry at several companies, I noticed that I spent more time inheriting the official product_expiry module to make always the same kind of changes that re-developping a simpler and better alternative.
No configuration needed.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Alexis de Lattre <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|odoo10_addon_product_expiry_simple-10.0.1.0.0.99.dev11-py2-none-any.whl (18.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2|