Multiple Images in Products
Multiple Images in Products
This module implements the possibility to have multiple images for a product template, a.k.a. an image gallery.
To install this module, you need to:
- Install base_multi_image from OCA/server-tools.
You can manage your images at Product template level:
- Go to Sales > Products > Products and choose a product template.
- Go to the Images tab.
- Add a new image or edit the existing ones.
- You can select for which variants you want to make available the image. Keep it empty for making visible in all.
- Refresh the page.
- The first image in the collection is the main image for the product template.
Going to product variants form, you can manage also your images, but take into account this behaviour:
- Go to Sales > Products > Product Variants and choose a product variant.
- If you add an image here, the image is actually added to the product template, and restricted to this variant.
- When editing an existing image, the image is changed generally for all the variants where is enabled, not only for this variant.
- When removing an image from this form, if the image is only in this variant, the image is removed. Otherwise, the image gets restricted to the rest of the variants where is available.
Known issues / Roadmap
- When you change the image on the product variant, the preview image of the Images tab doesn’t get refreshed until you refresh the browser, or if you go to its template, but the image has been actually saved!
- The field “Available in these variants” appears when opening the image from the product variant.
- Add logic for handling to add images with the same name that another variant of the same template, renaming the new image to a unique name.
- Add logic for handling to add the same image in several variants to a already in another variant for not duplicating bytes.
- Provide proper migration scripts from module product_images from 7.0.
- Migrate to v8 api when https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/10799 gets fixed.
- If you try to sort images before saving the product variant or template, you will get an error similar to DataError: invalid input syntax for integer: "one2many_v_id_62". This bug has not been fixed yet, but a workaround is to save and edit again to sort images.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
This module is inspired in previous module product_images from OpenLabs and Akretion.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for odoo10_addon_product_multi_image-10.0.1.0.0.99.dev5-py2-none-any.whl