Let users log into Odoo via an SAML2 provider.
This module allows to deport the management of users and passwords in an external authentication system to provide SSO functionality (Single Sign On) between Odoo and other applications of your ecosystem.
This module requires auth_crypt. This is because you still have the option if not recommended to allow users to have a password stored in odoo at the same time as having a SALM provider and id.
- Reducing the time spent typing different passwords for different accounts.
- Reducing the time spent in IT support for password oversights.
- Centralizing authentication systems.
- Securing all input levels / exit / access to multiple systems without prompting users.
- The centralization of access control information for compliance testing to different standards.
Install as you would install any Odoo addon.
This addon requires lasso.
There are SAML-related settings in Configuration > General settings.
To use this module, you need an IDP server, properly set up. Go through the “Getting started” section for more information.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Checks to ensure no Odoo user with SAML also has an Odoo password.
- Setting to disable that rule.
- SAML tokens are not stored in res_users anymore to avoid locks on that table.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
In order of appearance:
- Florent Aide <email@example.com>
- Vincent Hatakeyama <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Alexandre Brun <email@example.com>
- Jeremy Co Kim Len <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Houzéfa Abbasbhay <email@example.com>
- Jeffery Chen Fan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Bhavesh Odedra <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|odoo11_addon_auth_saml-18.104.22.168.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (54.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Apr 6, 2018|