Graphical BI views builder for Odoo
BI View Editor is a tool integrated in Odoo that allows users define and execute their own reports without the need to code.
- The BI View Editor is used to create reports not already contained in the standard Odoo, combining data from existing sources.
- It has been designed to be used by users with little or no knowledge of the technical architecture of Odoo. Users visually link business objects and select the fields to visualize.
- The BI View Editor offers users different types of representations, including tree, graph, pivot views.
Table of contents
To graphically design your analysis data-set:
- From the Dashboards menu, select “Custom BI Views”
- Browse trough the business objects in the Query tab
- Pick the interesting fields (Drag & Drop)
- For each selected field, right-click on the Options column and select whether it’s a row, column or measure; if you want to remove the field from the list view, unflag the checkbox ´List´ in the Options column
- Save and click “Generate BI View”
- Click “Open BI View” to view the result
- If module Dashboard (board) is installed, the standard “Add to My Dashboard” functionality would be available
- Click “Create a menu” to create a new menu item directly linked to your new BI view (this feature is available in developer mode); when the BI view is reset back to draft this menu will be removed, and you will need to re-create the menu entry.
- Non-stored fields and many2many fields are not supported
- Provide graph view for table relations
- Extend the capabilities of the tree views (e.g. add sums)
- Provide a tutorial (eg. a working example of usage)
- Implement a more advanced UI, with possibilities to use LEFT JOIN as default instead of INNER JOIN
- Find better ways to extend the _auto_init() without override
- Possibly avoid the monkey patches
- Data the user has no access to (e.g. in a multi company situation) can be viewed by making a view
- Store the JSON data structure in ORM
- Would be nice if models available to select when creating a view are limited to the ones that have intersecting groups (for non technical users)
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Simon Janssens <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Diego Luis Neto <email@example.com>
- Dennis Sluijk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Kevin Graveman <email@example.com>
- Richard Dijkstra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Andrea Stirpe <email@example.com>
- Antonio Esposito <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Jordi Ballester Alomar <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/reporting-engine project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size odoo11_addon_bi_view_editor-126.96.36.199.0.99.dev9-py2.py3-none-any.whl (238.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for odoo11_addon_bi_view_editor-188.8.131.52.0.99.dev9-py2.py3-none-any.whl