Interactive visualization chart to show events in time
Define a new view displaying events in an interactive visualization chart.
The widget is based on the external library http://visjs.org/timeline_examples.html
You need to define a view with the tag <timeline> as base element. These are the possible attributes for the tag:
- date_start (required): it defines the name of the field of type date that contains the start of the event.
- date_stop (optional): it defines the name of the field of type date that contains the end of the event. The date_stop can be equal to the attribute date_start to display events has ‘point’ on the Timeline (instantaneous event)
- date_delay (optional): it defines the name of the field of type float/integer that contain the duration in hours of the event, default = 1
- default_group_by (required): it defines the name of the field that will be taken as default group by when accessing the view or when no other group by is selected.
- zoomKey (optional): Specifies whether the Timeline is only zoomed when an additional key is down. Available values are ‘’ (does not apply), ‘altKey’, ‘ctrlKey’, or ‘metaKey’. Set this option if you want to be able to use the scroll to navigate vertically on views with a lot of events.
- mode (optional): Specifies the initial visible window. Available values are: ‘day’ to display the current day, ‘week’, ‘month’ and ‘fit’. Default value is ‘fit’ to adjust the visible window such that it fits all items
- event_open_popup (optional): when set to true, it allows to edit the events in a popup. If not (default value), the record is edited changing to form view.
- colors (optional): it allows to set certain specific colors if the expressed condition (JS syntax) is met.
- dependency_arrow (optional): set this attribute to a x2many field to draw arrows between the records referenced in the x2many field.
Optionally you can declare a custom template, which will be used to render the timeline items. You have to name the template ‘timeline-item’. These are the variables available in template rendering:
- record: to access the fields values selected in the timeline definition.
- field_utils: used to format and parse values (see available functions in web.field_utils).
You also need to declare the view in an action window of the involved model.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <odoo> <record id="view_task_timeline" model="ir.ui.view"> <field name="model">project.task</field> <field name="type">timeline</field> <field name="arch" type="xml"> <timeline date_start="date_start" date_stop="date_end" string="Tasks" default_group_by="user_id" event_open_popup="true" zoomKey="ctrlKey" colors="#ec7063:user_id == false;#2ecb71:kanban_state=='done';" dependency_arrow="task_dependency_ids"> <field name="user_id"/> <templates> <div t-name="timeline-item"> <div t-esc="record.display_name"/> Assigned to: <span t-esc="record.user_id"/> </div> </templates> </timeline> </field> </record> <record id="project.action_view_task" model="ir.actions.act_window"> <field name="view_mode">kanban,tree,form,calendar,gantt,timeline,graph</field> </record> </odoo>
For accessing the timeline view, you have to click on the button with the clock icon in the view switcher. The first time you access to it, the timeline window is zoomed to fit all the current elements, the same as when you perform a search, filter or group by operation.
You can use the mouse scroll to zoom in or out in the timeline, and click on any free area and drag for panning the view in that direction.
The records of your model will be shown as rectangles whose widths are the duration of the event according our definition. You can select them clicking on this rectangle. You can also use Ctrl or Shift keys for adding discrete or range selections. Selected records are hightlighted with a different color (but the difference will be more noticeable depending on the background color). Once selected, you can drag and move the selected records across the timeline.
When a record is selected, a red cross button appears on the upper left corner that allows to remove that record. This doesn’t work for multiple records although they were selected.
Records are grouped in different blocks depending on the group by criteria selected (if none is specified, then the default group by is applied). Dragging a record from one block to another change the corresponding field to the value that represents the block. You can also click on the group name to edit the involved record directly.
Double-click on the record to edit it. Double-click in open area to create a new record with the group and start date linked to the area you clicked in. By holding the Ctrl key and dragging left to right, you can create a new record with the dragged start and end date.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Implement a more efficient way of refreshing timeline after a record update.
- Make attrs attribute work;
- Make action attributes work (create, edit, delete) like in form and tree views.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
- Laurent Mignon <email@example.com>
- Adrien Peiffer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Pedro M. Baeza <email@example.com>
- Leonardo Donelli <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Adrien Didenot <email@example.com>
- Dennis Sluijk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size odoo11_addon_web_timeline-188.8.131.52.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (137.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for odoo11_addon_web_timeline-184.108.40.206.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl