Manage 1099 Types and Suppliers
When companies hire others as contractors, the contractor in question may work for themselves, another company or be the whole other company. This is a huge range, but it can be simplified down to “do I report their payment to the IRS as a 1099?”.
This module extends the functionality of a partner and allows you to specify 1099 suppliers, their 1099 type and their 1099-MISC box.
It also provide a report of payments by types and boxes in Accounting > Reporting > 1099 Report.
You will still need to manage payment and IRS reporting separately.
Table of contents
- Go to Contacts > Configuration > 1099 Types
- Review the existing types and update them if necessary
- Go to Contacts > Configuration > 1099-MISC Boxes
- Review the existing boxes and update them if necessary
To use this module, you need to:
- Go to Contacts
- Create or select a partner
- Go to the Sales & Purchases tab
- Check the “Is a 1099” box
- Select their 1099 type
- If their type is 1099-MISC, you can select their box
- Go to Accounting > Purchases
- Create vendor bills and payments for those 1099 vendors
- Go to Accounting > Reporting > 1099 Report
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
The development of this module has been financially supported by:
- Open Source Integrators <https://www.opensourceintegrators.com>
- Brian McMaster
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/l10n-usa project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size odoo12_addon_l10n_us_form_1099-220.127.116.11.0-py3-none-any.whl (55.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for odoo12_addon_l10n_us_form_1099-18.104.22.168.0-py3-none-any.whl