Mail tracking and Mailgun webhooks integration
This module integrates mail_tracking events with Mailgun webhooks.
Mailgun (https://www.mailgun.com/) is a service that provides an e-mail sending infrastructure through an SMTP server or via API. You can also query that API for seeing statistics of your sent e-mails, or provide hooks that processes the status changes in real time, which is the function used here.
Table of contents
If you’re using a multi-database installation (with or without dbfilter option) where /web/databse/selector returns a list of more than one database, then you need to add mail_tracking_mailgun addon to wide load addons list (by default, only web addon), setting --load option.
To configure this module, you need to:
- Go to Mailgun, create an account and validate your sending domain.
- Go back to Odoo.
- Go to Settings > General Settings > Discuss > Enable mail tracking with Mailgun.
- Fill all the values. The only one required is the API key.
- Optionally click Unregister Mailgun webhooks and accept.
- Click Register Mailgun webhooks.
You can also config partner email autocheck with this system parameter:
- mailgun.auto_check_partner_email: Set it to True.
In your mail tracking status screens (explained on module mail_tracking), you will see a more accurate information, like the ‘Received’ or ‘Bounced’ status, which are not usually detected by normal SMTP servers.
It’s also possible to make some checks to the partner’s email addresses against the Mailgun API:
- Check if the partner’s email is in Mailgun’s bounced list.
- Check the validity of the partner’s mailbox.
- Force the partner’s email into Mailgun’s bounced list or delete from it.
It’s also possible to manually check a message mailgun tracking when the webhook couldn’t be captured. For that, go to that message tracking form, press the button Check Mailgun. It’s important to note that tracking events have quite a short lifespan, so after 24h they won’t be recoverable.
- There’s no support for more than one Mailgun mail server.
- Automate more webhook registration. It would be nice to not have to click the “Unregister Mailgun webhooks” and “Register Mailgun webhooks” when setting up Mailgun in Odoo. However, it doesn’t come without its conceptual complexities.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Antonio Espinosa
- Carlos Dauden
- Pedro M. Baeza
- David Vidal
- Rafael Blasco
- Ernesto Tejeda
- Jairo Llopis
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/social project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for odoo12_addon_mail_tracking_mailgun-18.104.22.168.0-py3-none-any.whl