This module recalculates Task start/end dates depending on Project start/end dates.
This addon requires Odoo v8 after 2015-08-24 because is not fully functional without this patch: Odoo PR #8208
You can define working calendar at Setting > Technical > Resource > Working time Then assign this calendar to a resource (related with an user), a project or a company
When calculating task dates, this addon will look for a working calendar in this order:
- If project has working time assigned, use it.
- If user assigned, search first resource related with this user (normally user is related, only with one resource) and get its working calendar ends at 18:00
- If not user assigned or resource hasn’t working calendar, search first working calendar of the company
- If no working calendar found, then every day is workable and work starts at 08:00 and ends at 18:00
Also you can define which task stages are included in recalculation when ‘Project recalculate’ button is clicked. By default, all are included. To change this go to Project > Configuration > Stages > Task Stages and change ‘Include in project recalculate’ field
There are two calculation modes:
- Date begin: Task start/end dates are recalculated from project’s date begin
- Date end: Task start/end dates are recalculated from project’s date end
If the project start/end date is changed in the form view, then you have to click “Recalculate project” button to recalculate all open tasks  according to the new date.
 ‘Open tasks’ means tasks in a stage that are defined with ‘Include in project recalculate’ = True
This a typical use case:
- Create a project and configure:
- Calculation type, for example “Date end”
- Date end
- Create tasks, configuring for each one:
- From days, in this example, days from date end when this task must start
- Estimation days, duration of the task in days
- Click at “Recalculate project” button.
- Go to task list in Gantt view and see the recalculated planning
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl.html>.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size odoo8_addon_project_recalculate-18.104.22.168.0.99.dev31-py2-none-any.whl (156.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for odoo8_addon_project_recalculate-22.214.171.124.0.99.dev31-py2-none-any.whl