Add simple barcode interface on inventories
Stock Inventory Barcode
The interface provided by Odoo in the official stock module to make an inventory has 2 limitations:
- it is not easy/fast to use when you have several thousand products
- you cannot use a barcode reader to scan the products
This module provides a simple and easy-to-use interface to make an inventory with the help of a barcode reader. It is designed for the following use case:
- no tracking via Serial Numbers
- the stock location of the inventory doesn’t have children locations.
On the form view of an inventory, once the inventory has been started (State = In Progress), you will see a button Start Barcode Interface. It will open a pop-up window that allows the user to easily enter the inventory quantity (or update the inventory quantity, in case the product is found a second time at a different place during the inventory).
Known issues / Roadmap
- No tracking via Serial Number (I tried to implement it, but it makes the interface more complex and/or slower to use: you can’t get/create the inventory line on the onchange of the Product field, you need to the Serial Number to get/create the inventory line… but you also need to handle the case of products that are not tracked by Serial Number, etc…). I have tought in depth about it, and I think that it’s better to leave support for Serial Number outside of this module, to keep it simple and easy-to-use for users that don’t do any tracking via Serial Numbers (which is the case of the point of sales).
- Doesn’t support inventory on locations that have children locations. It is easy to add support for this, but it adds one field in the wizard, thus make it slower to use for the user.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Alexis de Lattre <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(117.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Wheel||py2||Oct 29, 2017|