New layout for event summary, including an excerpt and image
Excerpt + Image in Events
This module extends the functionality of website events to support having a more attractive layout that automatically displays an excerpt of each one, a “Read more” button, and an image.
It also adds a event priority control in the backend that will display the event at the top and in a bigger shape in the website.
To install this module, you need to:
- Install OCA/server-tools.
To configure this module, you need to:
- Log in.
- Go to your website events page.
- Open the Customize menu.
- Images and Description should be checked, and you should see events with an image and description in the layout.
Normal (not highlighted) events will show up a bit clunky if you do not disable the Filters view from the Customize menu.
You can either highlight all events, or disable that view.
If you still need filters, see module website_event_filter_selector found in this same repo.
To use this module, you need to:
- Go to the events page in your website. They have image and description now.
You will notice that short description is the excerpt of the first 80 characters of the event’s long description. If you want to set a manual description, you need to:
- From the frontend:
- Click in that event.
- Use the Promote tool to set a meta description.
- From the backend:
- Go to Marketing > Events > Events.
- Choose one.
- Go to Description.
- Use the Website meta description field for the same purpose.
If you want to change the image, you need to:
- Edit the event page.
- There, the first image appearing will be the one chosen. Beware, background images count!
If you want to set an event as important:
- Go to the event’s form in backend.
- Publish it.
- Go to the Description tab.
- Add a star in Priority to display the event in a full row on website.
- Remove the star to display it in half a row.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size odoo8_addon_website_event_excerpt_img-126.96.36.199.0-py2-none-any.whl (444.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for odoo8_addon_website_event_excerpt_img-188.8.131.52.0-py2-none-any.whl